How can I fetch my Mail from my ISPs Server?

Alexander Schröter Webmaster at computational-chemistry.org
Fri Jun 12 13:18:46 CEST 2009

Hi everybody

because I am unsure how to solve my problem I decided to ask you for some
advice. I have my own Kolab Server running and it's basicly just running
for me and some friends on a Server. Because I don't have a Mail backup I
decided to leave the Mails at my Provider, which I think is a great
solution because of Backup and 100% Uptime etc.

But since I started to use Kolab on more and more devices, I want my Mails
(actually copies of them) to be in my Mailbox on the Kolab Server. So
finally we get to the question.

How can I fetch my Mail from my ISPs Server? That beeing the basic
question now a little more Detail. Since I have many folders in my Mailbox
I don't want to change/add a new folder everytime I change something on my
ISPs Mailbox. I also want my Mails to be fetched in a regular basis even
when I am not logged into Horde. (Why the Horde fetchmail I guess is not
working for me.)

My idea is to have a Fetchmail Service running on the server that puts the
Mails in my Mailaccount? Do you think that's possible, a good idea or do
you have a even better one?

Thanks in Advanced.
Alexander Schröter