what mobile device would you recommend

Alexander Schröter webmaster at computational-chemistry.org
Mon Jul 27 16:02:09 CEST 2009

Hello everybody

I am looking for a mobile device to use with kolab. In detail one to use with
horde's syncml client. Even though I am more trying to find the right
phone/palm/pocketpc for me, I think more people could benefit from information
for example on the kolab wiki page. Which phones (or other clients like
outlook, thunderbird, evolution) support which functions with which clients
(included syncml connectors or funambol). Maybe we could start something like
this?

I am looking for a small portable device which is able to sync the calendar,
tasks and contacts (notes are not that important to me). Of course I don't
want to do that over the expensive phone line, so it needs to have wireless
lan (if you do know that your phone can connect to TTLS - PAP encrypted
Wireless Lans - please let me know because this is what we use at the
university).

I know the question is not very specific, and there is lots to talk about but I
really think the project could benefit from more information about this. And I
would be glad to help on that part.

Thank you.
Alexander Schroeter