Upgrade

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Fri Jul 24 11:11:19 CEST 2009

* Alexander Marx <marx at oab.de> [20090724 09:45]:
> Bernhard, as i wrote lately, there's a bug in Horde webadmin with the
> holidays.

> I read the cvs notes and found that under
> http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/kolab/server/development-2.2/20090515-since-20090407/sources/
>
> there are new src RPM's   the kolab-webadmin package is dated from may 2009.
>
> now i want to install the release version 2.2.2 and then make a upgrade
> with these packages.
>
> Do you think that the relevant changes are made in the listed path?
>
> Can i just copy the srpm's to my installation and do a standard upgrade
> as decribed in the 1st.README?

If you already have downloaded kolab-server-2.2.1/sources/ (which is
20090407) you can just copy 20090515-since-20090407/sources/ _and_
the binary packages created during your first installation and
create a new index as described in 1st.README ("Generating your own
00INDEX.rdf for installations or upgrades").

2.2.2 is 20090515, so you will just have that version afterwards.

The fixes for the web client (not admin) holidays are not included
in 2.2.2, just in CVS HEAD (i.e. the current development stream), so
you will have to wait a little bit to get that feature.

You can always look at the release-notes.txt file next to the source
or binary packages to see what is included in a specific release.

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998