Funambol Connectivity

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jul 24 09:05:35 CEST 2009

Hi Alexander,

please do not post in HTML, some people will ignore such emails
and it is harder to read and quote for me as well.

> PART2:<br>
> Now, a fresh install of Kolab 2.2.2.<br>
> I was VERY VERY happy about the new Webinterface (Horde) and with<br>
> Thunderbird, all things seem to work perfect. (Calendar, invitations<br>
> and so on)<br>
> I saw the SYNCML Option and wanted to try this one out. But without<br>
> success.<br>
> I have a mobile phone Soy ericsson xperia x1 (windows mobile, with<br>
> syncml support). native syncml doesn&apst work. so i decided to install<br>
> the funambolclient on my phone.<br>
> I entered the data <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
> href="https://kolab.domain.tld/client/rpc.php">https://kolab.domain.tld/cli
> The funambolclient tries to connect, then says:<br>
> "cannot connect to server"<br>

Sounds like the right values.

> Is there a possibility to use the funambolclient with Kolab2-syncml???<br>

I don't know, there should be I guess, but there are lots of SyncML clients.
There is a wiki page, if people would want to write down their experiences:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Web_Client_SyncML

> Is it possible to install a funambol server, configure it so that the<br>
> funambolserver gets all Kolab-data and then connect a mobile phone<br>
> with funambolserver?<br>

Not without a funambol <-> Kolab Server Connector.
I've heard there is one in development.

Best,
Bernhard