Question about **SHUDDER** Microsoft Outlook and Entourage

Ingo Steuwer steuwer at univention.de
Thu Jul 23 09:31:44 CEST 2009

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2009 schrieb Joseph Hardeman:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I was curious if anyone has tried or been able to "Fake" Outlook and
> Entourage into thinking that Kolab is an Exchange Server so that the
> users can share and delegate Calendars and stuff.  I have been looking
> at a lot of different servers over the last several months when I got a
> chance, including Kerio and Zimbra, which allows this to be done (Zimbra
> with their iCal plugin which only comes with a paid version of Zimbra),
> but I was hoping to find an open source option verse having to pay for
> one or **SHUDDER** having to pay for an Exchange server and possibly AD
> servers.

all stable OSS groupware solutions I know use connectors/plugins for Outlook.
For Kolab there are three connectors I know of: Toltec, Konsec and Bynari;
all three are closed source with a small per-client license-fee.

> Or if anyone can point me to an open source mail server solution to do
> this it would be great too.

I think openchange is what you are looking for, but AFAIK the projekt is far
from stable:
http://www.openchange.org/

Regards
Ingo Steuwer