best practice to implement a team in kolab (support/sales)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Jul 20 15:49:18 CEST 2009

Quoting Uwe Spielhagen <spielhagen at hinz.de>:

> Hi all, I'm asking me what would be the best way to implement a support or
> sales team in kolab!
> I can create a user, share it's folders and any member of the team
> can read/answer/delete mails that were sent to the teams adress
> support at test.de for example.
> There is a setting for users that can send mails in the name of the
> list.
> I read I must create a new identity in the mail client to use the
> list name as FROM when they send mails as if it came from the list.
>
> ? What is the difference between accessing a shared folder of
> another user (support at test.de) and just
> connecting as the other user?
> All the members could connect as support at test.de and do all the
> thinks they want and they would see what anybody else answered to
> the customers questions.
> Perhaps just a question of ACLs, i can not set when they connect as
> support at test.de?
> I think it's not easy to tell the users to change the sending
> account in the mailclient (outlook/thunderbird) each time they
> answer as the group. 80% they willl forget it.

The main reason for using the delegation feature of Kolab (adding a
group account and marking the users of that group as delegate) is that
the single users still have their main account to mail from.

But if the users will forget to change the identity than this will of
course create problems. Some clients might automatically react to the
recipient address of an email and set the sender to "support at test.de"
if the recipient was "support at test.de". But if that is not supported
you should indeed use a separate account and distribute the
credentials of this account.

Cheers,

Gunnar

--
____ http://www.pardus.de[1] _________________
http://gunnarwrobel.de[2] _

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg

Links:
------
[1] http://www.pardus.de
[2] http://gunnarwrobel.de