free busy in Kolab 2.2.2

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 16:48:23 CEST 2009

Thanks a lot for quick answer, one more thing

2009/7/15 Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:
> Quoting Liutauras Adomaitis <liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello Kolab users,
>>
>> I have several questions regarding free/busy in KOLAB (2.2.2)
>> +Outlook+Bynari? I would appreciate if someone would give me any hints
>> to these questions:

Web admin allows to create resource account, also to manage invitation
policy, but how to manage ACL rights to resource calendar? There is a
note next to invitation policy in webadmin saying "For regular
accounts to use this feature, give the 'calendar' user access to the
Calendar folder" - but I understand this note is for regular user
accounts, not for resource accounts, and this has nothing to do with
user access rights?

I also found this posting
http://edbsilon.intevation.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2008-February/007423.html
which says that when user is created, by default no calendar for him
is added until he log-ins. Does this mean that to arrange a resource
available for use:
1) I have to create resource account
2) I have to login into it so that calendar would be created (or
calendar is created by default for resource accounts?)
3) I have to set (for example) access rights for resource account for
employee (who will be responsible for that resource account) via
cyradm?
Do I understand everything correctly:) And can this resource account
management be done through webadmin, so that I can train users to
manage resources, access rights etc by themselves?