free busy in Kolab 2.2.2

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 08:55:46 CEST 2009

Hello Kolab users,

I have several questions regarding free/busy in KOLAB (2.2.2)
+Outlook+Bynari? I would appreciate if someone would give me any hints
to these questions:

1. How to configure free/busy with https? We only managed to make it
available with http service by designated in Outlook -> options ->
calendar options -> free busy ->
http://mail.domain.com/freebusy/%NAME%.ifb, but this does not work with
https.

2. How to configure free/busy information for shared folders (meaning
shared calendars). Meaning, we set up shared calendar as meeting room
and we want users to be able to see free/busy information of meeting
room. When we try to see in Outlook scheduling the free/busy information
of resource accounts or shared calendar, we receive free/busy not
available (but for regular users its ok)

3. As I understand, it is possible to set up meeting rooms as kolab
resource accounts. But how to configure free/busy information for
resource accounts? And anyways, how to manage resource accounts - should
they be set-up as regular user-accounts in the client software (i.e.
Outlook?), so that person responsible for resource account would manage
permissions to folders etc.? Or all permissions (adding users) should be
managed manually on KOLAB server via cyradm (but this would be quite a
lot of work for IT administrator in case many folders are planned)?

4. In general, when it is better to use resource accounts, and when -
shared folders/calendars?