Upgrading problems: IMAP recovery

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jul 13 19:34:10 CEST 2009

Hello,

after succesfully importing the LDAP backup from the old server with
your help, I'm now struggeling with the import of the annotations.db
file. I checked the mailing list and found several remarks on how to
backup the file and the possibilty on just copying the file from a
backup. Unfortunatly, the copying didn't do as hoped. After copying I
ran the  cyrreconstruct as kolab-r. That didn't change anything -the
calendars were still not visible. A manual typesetting to event with the
mboxcfg successfully restored a user calendar. For about 30+ users this
would be cumbersome...

I tried to export the annotations.db to skiplist format using the
cvt_cyrusdb on the source machine and convert it on the destination
machine back to berkeley format. Then I would run the cyrreconstruct
command as kolab-r. All the mailboxes are listed but if I check them
with "info" from the cyradm interface the kolab specific annotations are
missing.

So, in essence: Is there a recommanded way of recovering the
annotations.db like the mailbox.db? I tried to convert to flat format
and then back to berkeley format but I would get an error message:
"Converting from /kolab/var/imapd/annotations.db (berkeley) to
/tmp/annotest.test (flat) Warning: apparently empty database converted."

Thanks for your help!

Saim

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/