Help with installation

Wed Jul 8 21:28:03 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 11:06:06 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 July 2009 03:46:49 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > > Quoting "Eric A. Boney"

> > to install

> > downloaded

> > in it's
> >
> > > own

> > replace
> >
> > > my

> > server but

> > me and I
> >
> > > am

> > > The installation instructions from the wiki (wiki.kolab.org)
> >
> > should
> >
> > > get you started with setting up the server.
> > >
> > > You can then create virtual domains using the web admin.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Gunnar

> > tutorial it

> > Installations and

> > Thanks Gunnar!
> >
> > I got kolab installed and know when I try to connect to
> > https://127.0.0.1/admin I get a connection refused error. I am
> > attempting to connect to the admin page directly from the server
> > that kolab is installed on. Any ideas?
>
> Is the apache really running?
>
> In any case you should ensure that you have a working dns system (it
> should be sufficient if you edit /etc/hosts). You should not use
> 127.0.0.1 but kolab.example.org. Otherwise some web services will fail.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar
>
> > -Eric

Ok so I made an adjustment to both the /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname files. Now
all I get is the following error:

OpenPKG: start: apache:FAILED
openpkg:rc:WARNING: /kolab:apache:%start: failed with return code 1
openpkg:rc:NOTICE: no output occurred on stdout/stderr

So apache is still not running on the kolab server. Anyone have any other
thoughts at this point?

Thanks,
-Eric