Postfix Domain forwarding question

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Fri Jan 30 17:28:32 CET 2009

* Christian Funke <funke at hiskp.uni-bonn.de> [20090130 17:22]:
> I have set up a kolab server to serve mail for DOMAIN.COM, unfortunately I
> also have to provide support for a legacy domain OLDDOMAIN.COM, for which the
> users are identical and the mail for user at OLDDOMAIN.COM is to be delivered to
> user at DOMAIN.COM.  I habe realized this by modiying in
>
> /kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf
>
> mydestination = DOMAIN.COM OLDDOMAIN.COM

This line is not needed.

> /kolab/etc/postfix/virtual
>
> @OLDDOMAIN.COM		@DOMAIN.COM
>
> This setup works so far but has the drawback that any mail for @OLDDOMAIN.COM
> will be accepted whether the user exists or not and then it will be internally
> bounced. Is there a more elegant/efficient solution to solve this problem?

Unfortunately I do not know a solution for this, too.
You could add one line for every email address that has to be
forwarded, maybe this could be automated with an LDAP query and
search/replace.

If you find a solution, please tell us.

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998