Another free/busy odditiy - Kontact vs. DNS?

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Thu Jan 29 14:27:37 CET 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009 10:15:55 Ludwig Reiter wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2009 13:44:20 schrieb ITSEF Admin:
> > On Wednesday 28 January 2009 12:44:14 Ludwig Reiter wrote:
[...]
> > > The output in this case is:
> > > korganizer: Host 'abc.hq' doesn't match email 'test at def.xy'
> > > korganizer: FreeBusyManager::processRetrieveQueue(): url:
> > > korganizer: Invalid FB URL
> >
> > I never got this output (just tried again to be sure), but it sure looks
> > like what we are experiencing here. Out of interest: In your test, was
> > "Use full e-mail address for retrieval" on or off?
>
> Mmh, that means perhaps I have done a wrong test. "Use full e-mail address
> for retrival" was on.

I just verified that in my case it does not matter whether I have that setting
on or off. Only https://HOST.DOM.AIN/freebusy/ will work -
https://HOST/freebusy/ will not.

One thing I've noticed: If I use the "short" form (HOST only), *no* requests
are sent from Kontact to the Kolab server. I can see no activity
in /kolab/var/apache/log/apache-access.log
If I change the URL back to HOST.DOM.AIN, the requests can be seen. In my
opinion, this does fit with your description - if Kontact performs the check
you mentioned first, it probably never bothers to query the server if the
check fails.

Still, I cannot see the output you mention - neither on the console, nor
in .xsessions-error.

Cheerio,

Thomas