Another free/busy odditiy - Kontact vs. DNS?

Ludwig Reiter ludwig.reiter at intevation.de
Wed Jan 28 12:44:14 CET 2009

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2009 17:33:43 schrieb ITSEF Admin:
> Hi all,
>
> while I was resolving my own problem with Kontact and free/busy (see list
> archives... it was a problem with a SSL certificate), several other users
> came to me also with free/busy problems. Again, free/busy simply did not
> work - and I was not even able to find any requests from them in the server
> logs. After some experimenting I finally found the solution for this
> problem as well: Contrary to our other users (and myself), the users with
> the problem had their FreeBusyRetrieveUrl set to:
> "https://KOLABSERVER/freebusy/" All other users have
> "https://KOLABSERVER.DOM.AIN/freebusy/". To my great surprise, only the
> second version (with the full domain) works. This is especially puzzling,
> as "host KOLABSERVER" yields the same result as "host KOLABSERVER.DOM.AIN"
> on the command line. Same with Konqueror - it does not matter whether I
> enter the domain or not, Konqueror does display the correct page on our
> Kolab server. Kontact seems to be the only exception.
>
> Does anybody have an idea why this is? Should I file a bugreport?
Mmh, I have tried to reproduce this problem. I think it is a problem with
korganizer/kontact.  Kontact/korganizer checks, if kolabserver and user id
matchs before getting the fb list from the user id.

As example: both abc.def.xy and abc.xy map to the same kolab server. The user
id of a test account is test at def.xy.
The configured "https://abc.def.xy/freebusy" works to get the fb list.
But "https://abc.xy/freebusy" fails, because abc.xy doesn't match the def.xy
part of the id part of the account.

The output in this case is:
korganizer: Host 'abc.hq' doesn't match email 'test at def.xy'
korganizer: FreeBusyManager::processRetrieveQueue(): url:
korganizer: Invalid FB URL

There must be a reason for this check. I will ask this on the devel list.

Regards,
Ludwig

--
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück
Firmensitz: Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück