Again: MySQL

Christian Rößler Roessler at FuH-E.de
Tue Jan 27 10:20:48 CET 2009

Good morning everyone,

I have the need for MySQL in the Kolab php. I have noticed that phpinfo
shows the mysql option is not set in compile time.

The possibility Alain once mentioned (found in:
<http://kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2007-March/006078.html>)
| You can allso REcompile the php package ALONE using something like
| /kolab/bin/*openpkg* rpm --rebuild **php?????.src.rpm --define
| "with_???? yes"
| ****/kolab/bin/*openpkg* rpm -Uvh /kolab/RPM/PKG/php????.rpm

does work, but then many needed options for Kolab will be missing. After
some testing I have lost myself in the 'define'-jungle, so I looked for
a more 'wholesome' solution. Now, in the answer to Alain above I found
(from Gunnar,
<http://kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2007-March/006072.html>):

| the PHP package within Kolab is not compiled with the mysql
| extension. So you would need to add the necessary flag "--with=mysql"
| to you obmtool.conf file before installing Kolab.

...but this obmtool.conf is nowhere to be found. Please, any hint? Has
the name changed, perhaps? Or does Kolab nowadays use a different way?

Best regards, Christian