Accessing Horde outside home network

Michael Harnden mike at rochestervball.com
Mon Jan 26 21:24:53 CET 2009

I recently migrated from an openSUSE 10.1 installation running natively to a OpenPKG installation (v
2.2) on Debian Etch. I use Kolab/Horde as a home email server. Works great for my wife and I who
both travel a lot. The migration went smoothly using my backups. My problem lies in accessing Horde
from outside of my home network.

With my openSUSE installation I could use dyndns.org to access my installation. With the Debian
server, once I log in, I am redirected to using my home servers fqdn (home-server.site). Can I
correct this on my new installation without creating a huge security hole? Or am I better off
setting up a VPN server (assuming that would work).

Thanks,
Mike