Kolab Mail archiving - software, methods, experiences?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 26 10:33:07 CET 2009

On Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2009, Christian Rößler wrote:
> I am in need for mail archiving, that means that every incoming and
> outgoing mail has to be archived somewhere.
>
> Now I am a bit overwhelmed with all the possibilities, and so I want to
> ask the list in which ways this has already been solved, which software
> (if so) is being used, and so on.

Any archiver that can plug into SMTP will be able to work.
We did it a few times for small installs
that we saved emails in maildir format, split by months or weeks or whatever.

If admins can deal with unix tools (e.g. grepmail or mutt) they have very fast
access to the emails.

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)