kolab ldap migration questions.

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jan 23 10:56:24 CET 2009

On Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2009, John McMonagle wrote:
> Here is  one of our current records:
> dn: uid=bradb,ou=People,dc=advocap,dc=org
> uid: bradb

> From kolab test:
> dn: cn=Brad Bingham,dc=advocap,dc=org

> One possible problem I see is in the People dn records.
> Will kolab work with my People dn entries?

I think it should (would need a through test).

> Will I have to add these for each user?
> objectClass: kolabInetOrgPerson
> kolabHomeServer: mailtest.advocap.org
> kolabInvitationPolicy: ACT_MANUAL
> I suspect yes.

Yes, I think so. As many LDAP searches will only go for kolabInetOrgPerson
it should not be necessary to set kolabInvitationPolicy:, it is a current
defect in the server 2.2.1beta1.

> Anyone have migration scripts?

We've done a few migration scripts for directory management changes
in the past, so you might find examples, maybe
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/utils/admin/convert-ldif-21.py

> I  prefer kolab to be a slave but either way that is a small issue.
> I see kolab is  using slurp. Can I use sync replication instead?
> I'm going to have to do a lot of editing to slapd.conf anyhow.

I believe we have added syncrepl methods, but they are not default
and might miss more testing.

> Looks like ldap account manager has provisions for kolab so I assume that
> will work for user administration. Any recommendation on anything else?

Any directory management client that is able to deal with ldap should
be usable in principle.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)