SOLVED? Re: Cannot get freebusy to work in Kontact

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Thu Jan 22 16:46:08 CET 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009 16:30:28 ITSEF Admin wrote:
[...]
> When *I* try it with my client/account, the exchange looks like this:
>
> [...]
> HOST2.DOM.AIN - - [22/Jan/2009:12:26:28 +0100] "GET /freebusy/NAME2.ifb
> HTTP/1.1" 403 770
> [...]
>
> i.e. the server sends a "403" ("Forbidden") right away - my client doesn't
> even get the "401" (which, in turn, I expect to be the reason why the user
> name is never sent). Does that maybe ring a bell with someone?
[...]

This finally ignited some dim bulb somewhere in my mind - I had been wondering
about some password dialogues coming up asking for a password for some SSL
certificate. Hence, I had a look at the "kssl*" files in
~/.kde/share/config - and moved them out of the way, then restarted kontact.
Now freebusy works again... Apparently, some old cert had sneaked in there
(we've been busy with SSL on our Kolab server some months back), causing the
SSL connection to fail - resulting in the "403". Now, after I removed that
stuff, my client gets a "401" initially, like all others.

I hope this is of help to anybody...

@Bernhard: Is it worthwhile to file a "wish" ticket with the request for
better error reporting in cases like this? If kontact had reported something
back about the error codes from the server, the bell might have started
ringing earlier... :-}

Cheerio,

Thomas