Groups for shared folders

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 22 09:27:49 CET 2009

On Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2009, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Quoting Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:
> > On Dienstag, 20. Januar 2009, Saim Kim wrote:
> >> I was also looking for a solution for group access -but not to shared
> >> folders. Instead I would like to grant access to the calendar of
> >> ressource accounts. I'm still working on a Kolab 2.2.0 system (Debian
> >> Etch). When I try to enter the group or actually the distribution list
> >> on the fbview interface it is not added but it shows up in the cyradm
> >> interface with the "group:" prefix and seems to work right.
> >
> > Huh, die fbview interface should not change the directory contents,
> > nor anything else on the server. It should be "view only".
>
> This change has been requested with the implementation of the extended
> free/busy  concept.

True, the pxfb-readable-for annotation should be writeable from fbview,
thanks for pointing this out.

But I think this issue is about setting the ACLs from fbview
which is not necessary and should be done from the client.

> As we had only the Kolab web client supporting the
> required additional folder attributes we added the calendar management
> view from the client into fbview.

Yes, for pxfb-readable-for only.

> If I remember it correctly you
> reasoned that not everybody would install/use the Kolab web client and
> so this functionality should be included in fbview as this was
> considered an integral part of the server.

It is true, the current Outlook connectors cannot set pxfb-readable-for
as far as I know.

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)