New native Windows and Mac OS Clients: first beta of Kontact Enterprise 4

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jan 16 09:32:42 CET 2009

Troy,

On Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2009, Troy Carpenter wrote:
> > > When I removed the 4.2rc1 install (which installed in C:\Program
> > > Files\KDE) and only used Kontact (in C:\Program Files\Kontact), then
> > > Kontact worked fine including all the date configuration settings.
> >
> > Were the crashes gone also?
>
> I haven't seen any lately, but the system is still syncing the emails.  I
> have many thousands of emails on the server and prefer disconnected IMAP
> for "external" PCs like my laptop and my desktop at work.

let us know about crashes. If you are really cool, you could check the
problem tracker to see if we already have one like the one your are seeing.
I guess we should also publish short instructions how to get a gdb backtrace
done in the wiki.kolab.org. Let me see about this.

> > > One other problem I'm finding is that Kontact's Calendar doesn't keep
> > > my timezone setting.  I've configured it for "Eastern Standard", but
> > > once I close the settings dialog and reopen it, I see that the timezone
> > > setting is not kept.  That's causing all my events to be displayed in
> > > UTC time instead of my local time.
> >
> > We still have know problems with the timezone settings
>
> Well, for the calendar entries, Korganizer is somewhat useless without the
> timezone settings since all the entries show up in the wrong timezone.

I've raised the priority of
kolab/issue2782 (timezones missing in Korganizer Settings for Time/Date)

> I'm
> also not seeing all the events in the grid for the week and workweek views.
>   If I switch to the month view, then I see the events.  I think part of
> the problem is related to the timezone because Kontact thinks the event
> starts at 11:00pm and goes until 1:30 the next morning.  In the month view
> that event stretches over Wednesday and Thursday.  In the week views it is
> not there at all.

This seems like a different issue.
Ludwig will give this a spin!

Best,