kolab 2.2.1b1 issue 3331

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 12 15:37:06 CET 2009

On Sonntag, 11. Januar 2009, Christian Tardif wrote:
> I just installed a new kolab 2.2.1b1, and lost some time to figure out
> why mail was not getting thru. I finally found out the answer to my
> problem on the Internet. The solution is documented in issue 3331
> (kolabfilter uses incorrect delivery backend).

Hmm, you did not read the (updated) 1st.README.
Since two weeks or it has the hint, e.g.
http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/kolab/server/beta/kolab-server-2.2.1-beta-1/sources/1st.README
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!! PLEASE NOTE:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Due to a configuration error within the Kolab-Server-2.2.1-beta-1 release
you will have to correct a setting in the following file
in order to be able to reveive emails on the server!

    /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/resmgr.conf.template

Please change the 'LMTP' to 'lmtp' in line 53:
$conf['kolab']['filter']['delivery_backend'] = 'LMTP';
$conf['kolab']['filter']['delivery_backend'] = 'lmtp';

> Couldn't it be integrated in the source directly on the server ?

We will for the next revision. :)
If we'd changed it for 2.2.lb1 is would not be 2.2.1b1 anymore.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
But: Please read 1st.README!
Bernhard

--