Duplication of appointments in shared calendar

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jan 6 10:06:47 CET 2009

On Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2008, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > Is this a known problem?  In Toltec or in Kolab?  Any idea how I can
> > solve this bug?  It is somewhat annoying to manually erase the
> > duplicates manually every day...
>
> Kolab itself has no feature that would do automatic writes in a shared
> calendar.

There is the automatic invitation handling that Kolab Server can do,
but you can easily check if the calender user has access to any of these
folders.

> If Toltec is the *only* client accessing the shared folder
> I'd guess it is causing the problem.

Yes, this is the right conclusion.
There are occasional report for such duplications to happen
with Toltec and many shared folder, but they are rare meaning
they have not been reproduced.

If you have a way to reliably reproduce, this would be cool.
Two potential causes for dublication are:
a) An old version of Toltec
b) A bad version of Toltec was used at some time, and the .pst
was not unlinked and relink, which sometimes can help.

Here is a testing script which can help in some situations to
detect some special duplicates (please only use if you fully understand it)
and assist in removing them.
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/utils/testing/remove_kolab_doubles.py

I also suspect that LDAP- service interruption could cause this condition.
Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)