SyncML

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Feb 25 07:52:32 CET 2009

Hi Boaz,

Quoting Boaz <boaz60 at gmail.com>:

> I've been researching for several days, but have been unable to
find
> any conclusive status on using mobile push mail with Kolab,

Push mail is something completely different than SyncML and the Kolab
server does not have push mail at the moment.

> from
> what I understand SyncML support is coming soon. Should I hold out
> or is there a way to sync mail, contacts, events & tasks now
> with the Win Mobile 6.1 software that is relatively stable?

SyncML support will be available in Kolab Server 2.2.1 and should
already be supported in the current beta. It will only support
contacts and events though.

>  I know there is a Horde solution that utilizes a separate database,
> which I would prefer to avoid, as I cannot seem to find sufficient
> information on how to set it up.

Kolab Server 2.2.1 uses a small SQLite database that is directly
included and there is no additional setup requirement.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> Thanks for any insight you might have.  :)

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg