Can't delete users

Enrico Zaffaroni ezaffa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 17:05:37 CET 2009

Hi Bernhard, sorry for the delay. I have been able to solve the problem
today. My client, that has manager account on the admin interface, added
some more "Kolab hostnames" under the services page, probably thinking to
simply add more names to a single host. So the system marked the record to
be deleted from more than a single host, and deletion obviously failed.
I deleted the redundants name and now deletion works properly.
Anyway thank you for the help, it has been your answers that indicated to me
to look at the KolabDeleteFlag field, where I discovered more hosts than
expected.

About your advertise of 3rd level administration I thing this could
potentially be very interesting for some of our client. And I'd be very
happy to give support to a very good open source project. Please send me
some more details about the offer, possibly including pricing and I'll talk
about this with my boss.

Thanks again, Enrico

2009/2/10 Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>

> On Montag, 9. Februar 2009, Enrico Zaffaroni wrote:
> > No, each server is an indipendent one. No master-slave architecture. I
> work
> > for an ISP and we began last summer to install kolab for our customers on
> > their housing servers. We have a really good feedback and till now I have
> > been able to solve most of the little problems that sometimes emerge.
> > Anyway in this case no messages from kolabd in syslog, neither strange
> > messages when enabling debug.
>
> There should be messages from kolabd in _the regular_ syslog.
> You could check if the kolabDeleteflag has the right server name for the
> machines where the kolabd runs.
>
> Does kolabd still create users?
> At least for this there should messages in syslog.
> If not, maybe the LDAP replication to kolabd is not working correctly,
> this could happen if you change ports or anything.
>
> <advertising>
> As you are doing this as a professional, KK offers 3rd level administration
> support. I am mentioning this as sometimes it is much easier to just look
> at the machine and the problem at hand to find the cause of the problem.
>
> Also because KK finances a large chunk of the Kolab (Server and Clients)
> development, and giving us service or maintenance contracts helps to
> keep Kolab floating. :)
> </advertising>
>
> --
> Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)
> Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: www.Kolab-Konsortium.com.
> Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
> Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner

Enrico Zaffaroni
ezaffa at gmail.com