kdebugdialog/output (: Another free/busy odditiy - Kontact vs. DNS?)

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Mon Feb 2 08:37:54 CET 2009

On Friday 30 January 2009 08:59:50 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2009, ITSEF Admin wrote:
> > I'm still surprised that I cannot see the console output Ludwig describes
> > - as far as I can see, I'm using the same "--with-debug" (or suchlike)
> > options for our Kubuntu packages as used in the Kolab Debian packages.
>
> Checkout the KDE settings with "kdebugdialog".

Thanks Bernhard - I should have read the Wiki... :-( I completely and utterly
forgot about kdebugdialog - sorry! Almost all checks for
kontact/korganizer/kmail were off. I have enabled all and can now confirm
that I see the same behaviour as reported by Ludwig, including the failed
URL.

BTW: The extra information caused by kdebugdialog is not written
into .xsession-errors - is there another way to retrieve this or at least
redirect it into a file? I'm asking as I intend to revisit some of my
bugreports, especially issue3098, which is the most annoying we have at the
moment. Unfortunately, it's infrequent, thus it would help if there was a way
to record the output over a longer period.

Cheerio,

Thomas