Switch off SMTP

Cristian Livadaru cristian at livadaru.net
Tue Dec 8 18:58:20 CET 2009

On 8. Dec 2009, at 17:51 , Jochen May wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I get quite often error messages like this in my postfix.log:
> Oct 30 10:15:15 kolab <info> postfix/smtp[8841]: C33CD66AB8: host mx00.1and1.com[74.208.5.3] refused to talk to me: 554 RBL
> rejection: http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=62.227.247.14

This looks to me like your server tried to send a mail but was rejected since you seem to be on a blacklist. If you don't want to let your server send mails you could block port 25 outgoing on your router/firewall.

> Is there a way to avoid this? I only use smtp for sent local mails.
>
> Btw, somebody a idea what this mean to mean:
> Oct 28 17:39:12 kolab <warning> postfix/smtpd[8307]: warning: database /kolab/etc/postfix/canonical.db is older than source file
> /kolab/etc/postfix/canonical

This means that the file /kolab/etc/postfix/canonical has been modified but the db file was not updated.
Try postmap /kolab/etc/postfix/canonical this will create a new .db file.
I think you need to be running it as kolab user.

with best regards,
Cristian Livadaru
--
LcX.at - Web Design, Development & Hosting
VoIP & Linux Groupware Solutions