Q: Kolab and Mac OS X?

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Mon Dec 7 16:21:16 CET 2009

Del schrieb:
> Moreover, the certificate issue was one of several issues I
> encountered on the Tiger (which was ppc based, and restarts didn't fix
> anything). Hence, unless you plan to make and test binaries for Tiger
> (or somebody else steps up to do that), I would still say that Tiger
> is a no-go for Albrecht in the short to intermediate term. Also with

Please don't get me wrong here - I ran the test on Tiger as I own an old G4 Silver box only.  I do not intend to run it on Tiger in the long run.  The goal was to see if it runs at all, as my boss considers to purchase a shiny new MacBookPro, which of course would come with Snow Leopard.  If you tell me that the certificate issue has been resolved on [Snow] Leopard, this is of course fine!  I just don't want to tell my boss that everything is perfect with Kontact/OS X, and run into tons of issues later...

> the compile times we are looking at, binary distribution is a
> necessity.  As such, I believe supporting Leopard and Snow Leopard
> properly is quite ambitious as it is.

A binary package would be mega!  The compilation process will probably be a lot faster on a recent box, compared to my old one, but it also pumps a lot of files on the hard disk, and I don't know exactly what I might erase *without* blowing up the binary I just produced...

I don't know offhand if OS X has path length limitations on hfs+ - <https://issues.kolab.org/issue3582> *might* be a problem in this case.  This is currently a real blocker for us; otherwise, I would really love to switch from Outlook to Kontact on our Windows boxes.  Unfortunately, there has apparently been no progress since 5 months...

Thanks, Albrecht.