Kontact crash when moving folders

Ludwig Reiter ludwig.reiter at intevation.de
Mon Dec 7 13:41:09 CET 2009

Am Montag, 7. Dezember 2009 09:05:55 schrieb Till Adam:
> On Friday 04 December 2009 07:29:50 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > Quoting Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com>:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask,
> >
> > For Kontact + Kolab it is :)
> >
> > > as I see this issue using Kontact coming with Ubuntu 9.10 (version
> > > 4:4.3.2-0ubuntu6):
> > >
> > > When I try to move folders on the Kolab 2.2.0 (Cyrus) server, e.g.
> > > by shifting a folder into a different sub-folder, I reproducibly get
> > > crashes (segfaults).  The crash dialogue comes up and tells me that
> > > the back trace isn't usable (although it's rather
> > > long).  When I restart Kontact, the "moved" folder is duplicated,
> > > e.g. if I tried to move "Some Folder" from "Archive" to
> > > "Archive/Old", I have:
> > >
> > > Kolab
> > >    + Inbox
> > >    + Archive
> > >       + Some Folder
> > >       + Old
> > >          + Some Folder
> > >
> > > Both seem to contain the same messages.
> > >
> > > The only reliable way of shifting the folder seems to be
> > > - create the new folder
> > > - shift all messages
> > > - delete the source
> > > which is annoying.  Is this a known bug?
> >
> > It probably is and it probably has been fixed already. As far as I
> > know there is always a significant gap between Kontact in the
> > different distributions as compared to a Kontact specifically tailored
> > to work together with the Kolab server.
>
> Ludwig, can you verify that this is gone in the enterprise branch, please?
> I do seem to remember seeing this fixed, but then the bug fix would have
> made it upstream into KDE 4.3 as well...

Hi,

I did some tests. I couldn't reproduce this problem with the Kontact
enterprise35 branch (20091204.1058393-kk1).

Test: Move folder with D'N'D in another folder: ok
Test: Move folder with RMB "Move to..." in another folder:ok
Test: Same on Online IMAP: ok
Test: Move a folder with subfolders and many mails with D'n'D or RMB "Move
to.." in another folder:ok.

Regards,
Ludwig

--
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück
Firmensitz: Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück