More Kontact/Win questions [was: Kontact/Win Beta: 2 questions...]

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 28 09:11:43 CEST 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> > (Note that the LDAP-Resource is not a top priority function of a
> > Kolab-Client currently.)
>
> Dumb question: how is the Kolab user's (and distribution lists etc.)
> data base supposed to work, if not through LDAP?  Did I miss something?

It works throught the LDAP search of the KAdressbook
which is different from the LDAP _Resource_.

> > I don't think that there is a tool, but it should be fairly easy to
> > write a tool to throw the additional binary attachments away.
>
> Yeah, a rather simple perl script will do...  Just the question if
> there is something "official"... ;-)

You can write one, jump on kolab-devel and get it up in the repository. ;)

> > The binary blobs possibly contain extra data that Outlook uses, but
> > the core of the information must be in the Kolab-XML as well,
> > otherwise the client is violating the specs and is not compatible
> > with Kolab anymore.
>
> At least for mdn's and for multipart/(signed|encrypted), Toltec seems
> to store the /real/ data in the binary tnef (see issue
> <https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3229>), and it is not
> compatible with Horde or other standard mua's (didn't check Kontact
> yet).

It chances of being compatible is low. Other Outlook plugins have similiar
problems, btw.

> MDN's are of less importance, but the ability to recover the
> original rfc822 stuff of rfc3156/2633 messages would be great.  Maybe
> I'll look into that if I have some time left...

My hope is that once Toltec and Gpg4win will be able to do this.
We are quite close fors s/mime, as there is a re-migration button.

Best,
Bernhard

Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, Osnabrück, DE; AG Osnabrück, HRB 18998