Problem sending via tsl with Kontact e35 packages?

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Thu Apr 23 23:54:28 CEST 2009

Trying on 2 debian etch systems.
Loaded packages from testing and had some dependency problems so  installed
the rest from unstable.

When sending email via tls get the following error in the gui:

Sending failed:
Authorization failed, An error occured during authentication: SASL(-4): no
mechanism available: No worthy mechs found authentication not supported
The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the problem
(e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox' folder.

in auth.log get:
[kdeinit]
smtp /tmp/ksocket-johnm/klauncherrKl60b.slave-socket /tmp/ksocket-johnm/kontactEaoKTa.slave-socket:
No worthy mechs found

It does give messages concerning  certificates  when first connecting.

Can send via tls with thunderbird  or lenny kmail ( another computer).
Tried to send to current mailserver and test kolab installation.
At least on one system tls sending on kmail did not work before I upgraded.
So it likely was broken before I started.
All the kdepim packages seem to be loaded and all dependences seem OK.
They both are under xen.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

John