Kolab - Outlook/Toltec sync hangs

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Fri Apr 3 07:53:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I've had many issues with Toltec when the mailboxes are large.
> Generally
> Toltec seems to work well if the PST file is less than 300mb.

The Toltec Connector work well with large PST files. We have a active 6 GIG
PST in the office. Of course large folders can slow down the synchronization
speed and that is why we recommend archiving. The archive can always be
synchronized to a second account or an "archive" Kolab server, with much
slower settings.

The problem 9.9/10 is that minor corruptions happen in the PST file and you
should run SCANPST.EXE first when you suspect that there is a problem.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557