Kolab - Outlook/Toltec sync hangs

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Thu Apr 2 21:49:34 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have some users who ran into the following problem: they run Outlook
with Toltec 2.3.2, and either try to synchronise manually or
automatically with the Kolab server.  When the Toltec progress window
(from the Win task bar) is opened, it shows a list of pending folders,
and the little progress bar for one folder simply hangs - no progress
for minutes.  Re-starting Outlook sometimes seems to help, but it's
somehow confusing.

The effect seems to happen with both Outlook 2003 and 2007 running on
Win 2k and XP, all with the latest updates/service packs installed.

The server is a self-compiles kolab 2.2.0 on Ubuntu 8.04/x86_64.

In the tracker, I saw a *very* old issue (#442) which apparently has
been resolve for ages.  Did anyone notice a similar problem recently?
Any idea how it could be fixed?

Thanks, Albrecht.