Kontact Windows 2009-02-20 - KMail "account types"

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Thu Apr 2 10:26:30 CEST 2009

On Thursday 2 April 2009 05:05:34 David M. Besonen wrote:
> in KMail when adding an account an option dialog box that
> looks like this is displayed:
>
> --
> Add Account - Kontact
> -
>  o Local Mailbox
>  o POP3
>  o IMAP
>  o Disconnected IMAP
>  o Maildir mailbox
> --
[...]
> these options don't really go together in my mind.  for
> example, POP3 is a method for retrieving mail from a host.
> Maildir on the other hand is a mail storage format.

Not quite, IMO. "Maildir mailbox" could be a "local" mailbox e.g. in the
user's home directory which is created/updated via procmail/formail or
similar mechanisms outside of Kontact. I'm using such a set-up at home
(albeit with mbox mailboxes). Having this choice seems logical to me.

Cheerio,

Thomas