Postfix and LDAP aliases

Diego M. Vadell dvadell at linuxclusters.com.ar
Mon Sep 22 20:28:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

    I installed Kolab 2.2.0 and I'm very happy with it. I has been stable,
performant and easy to administer so far.

    I added a contact in the Addressbook. This guy has a mail address, and an
alias. I thought that this was only so it would appear in the LDAP address
book, but when I send and email to the alias, the email gets rewritten and
goes to the primary email.

   So I think I can go behind scene and reconfigure postfix not to do that.
But what is the rationale for that? In what scenario is this useful?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english.

 -- Diego.