Intermittent Sieve

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Sep 11 10:53:38 CEST 2008

Quoting "Alex Potter" <alex at ap-consulting.co.uk>:

> On Thursday 11 September 2008 09:00:27 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> Quoting "Alex Potter" <alex at ap-consulting.co.uk>:
>> > I  am using Kolab server 2.2 on a Debian 4.0 machine,
>>
>> An OpenPKG bsaed installation or a native port?
>
> OpenPKG based.
>
>> Does the cyrus log show any specific differences in these cases?
>
> Nothing untoward in either of the Cyrus logs, except this in cyrmaster.log
>
> Sep 11 09:31:06 speedy <info> master[18806]: exiting on SIGTERM/SIGINT
> Sep 11 09:31:09 speedy <error> master[5952]: setrlimit: Unable to set file
> descriptors limit to -1: (1) Operation not permitted

This thread

http://www.irbs.net/internet/info-cyrus/0706/0006.html

suggests that the message can be ignored.

> Sep 11 09:31:09 speedy <error> master[5952]: retrying with 1024 (current max)
> Sep 11 09:31:09 speedy <notice> master[5952]: process started
>
> every time the system is restarted (with `/kolab/bin/openpkg rc all restart`
> as root, but that's another issue which I have yet to investigate.
>
> However, I looked in lmtpd.log and, occasionally, there was an error message:
>
> 	sieve runtime error...Fileinto: Mailbox does not exist,
>
> which was just not true. Incoming mail had been previously, and was again
> later, correctly delivered to the "non-existant" mailbox. I'll continue to
> monitor.

Yup, this is the event you need to dig into. I have no clue at the
moment why sieve might get confused there but maybe the other log
files (also from the base distribution) around that timepoint give you
some hints?

Cheers,

Gunnar

>> > 2.3 GHz Celeron with 1GB memory doing nothing else.
>>
>> Should be fine for Kolab.
>
> That's reassuring! Thanks.
>
> Regards
>
> Alex

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg