Horde questions

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Sep 11 10:06:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

Quoting "Albrecht Dreß" <albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a few questions regarding using Horde with Kolab 2.2:
>
> (1) When a new user first logs in and e.g. wants to add a new
> appointment, Horde complains that first the E-Mail address has to be
> configured (under Options ▶ Global Options ▶ Personal Information).
> However, this information *is* known to Kolab.  Why isn't it set also
> for Horde when the new user is created?

Because such a feature needs to be programmed which has not happened
yet :) Of course you are right and it could be done. I suggest to open
a feature request in the bug tracker.

> (2) Related to that, the "Global Address Book" is not included in the
> list of displayed address books by default (under Options ▶ Address
> Book ▶ Address Books).  This is also inconvenient.

This should be something we can easily change. Another feature request though.

> (3) The Free/Busy display doesn't work in Horde (see attached
> screenshot; "Test 2 Benutzer" is the one which shall be invited).  I
> can access the free/busy lists using the Kolab method (via
> https://server/freebusy/[mailaddress].ifb), and it says "COMMENT:This
> is a dummy vfreebusy that indicates an empty calendar" *for both
> participants*.

This should not be the case (at least not if the users have relevant
events in the displayed period. You should invistigate this using the
troubleshooting guide in the wiki and post a bug if this is not
working on your installation.

> The Horde configuration says that it uses
> "https://server/horde/kronolith/fb.php?u=[mailaddress]" as free/busy
> URL.  Might this be the cause of the trouble?  Any idea how to align
> the two lists?

This an incorrect information and I definitely need to change that in
the next horde installation. We don't use the Horde free/busy script
when running the web client on a Kolab Server.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> Thanks,
> Albrecht.

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg