IMAP Escape character for "[" and "]"

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Sep 1 12:47:17 CEST 2008

Hello Bernhard,

Bernhard Reiter schrieb:
> On Friday 29 August 2008 12:31, Saim Kim wrote:
>
>> after I had another issue with wrong freebusy information being shown I
>> tried to delete the freebusy cache and the automatic cache regeneration.
>> But it fails because it can't find several folders which were delete
>> with a name starting with [UNSHARED]. Those folders were generated by
>> Toltec after ACL changes of IMAP folders.
>>

> "[UNSHARED]" folder should get created by Toltec, when somebody else
> deletes the folder this user has access to, then I do get synced up
> to the server and are up there as well.

Yes, that's what happened.
>> The folders were deleted from
>> the Horde interface of the user. They are not shown anymore and are not
>> present under /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/blabla/...
>>
>> Still the automatic cache regeneration is looking for them.
>>

> There is no automatic cache regeneration on the server.
> Clients have to issue a trigger URL. Check the apache log to see
> which client trigges this. Or are you refering to the manual
> recreation of the whole cache?

Yes, I was refering to the manual cache regeneration.
>> I tried to recreate the folders with cyrreconstruct but it fails on the
>> folder name (I tried creating folders with a simple name and it worked
>> fine). I have the feeling that I have to use special escape characters
>> for "[" and "]" just like for German umlauts. Any help? Thanks!
Are there any escape characters for "[" and "]"? So that I can delete
the [UNSHARED] folders manually under the cyradm interface.

Best regards,
Saim

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/