Outlook cannot read kolab global address book?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Sep 1 11:43:36 CEST 2008

Hi Albrecht,

On Tuesday 26 August 2008 19:37, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> while testing the Konsec connector for M$ Outlook in connection with kolab
> 2.2, I ran into a problem with Outlook 2003SP2 on a Win2kSP4 box which
> seems to be more ldap/kolab related than to the connector.
>
> The problem is that the global address book in Outlook, taken from ldap
> with a proper base dn, is just empty.

how does this compare to kolab/issue732 (outlooks addressbook does not
directly list entries with openldap)?

As far as I know, when you search in the address book or the completion
is active, Outlook will use LDAPv3 and show the global addresses from Kolab
Server's OpenLDAP. For some other occasions Outlook does not seem to use an
LDAPv3 protocol standard (see the issue for an example).

If you want to help the problem, check in the issue, ask on kolab-devel@
and maybe on the OpenLDAP developers or Microsoft developers levels as well.

Best,
Bernhard