automatically re-start LDAP in case of crash

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Thu Oct 30 22:00:39 CET 2008

Hi Gunnar,

sorry for getting back to you so late, I'm currently figthing
desperately with other stuff (fb lists are always empty...).

Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:
> Yes, should be okay.

O.k., I have a very simple script now, which I probably extend a
little bit to periodically send a silly query to the server, so slapd
will not terminate the connection due to inactivity.  Are you
interested in it?

> You can increase the log level in
> /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/slapd.conf.template.

Hmm, didn't have any crashes since a week now, although the box went
"live" and sees a lot more traffic.  I switched off SElinux (usually
not a good idea, but I didn't fully succeed with writing the necessary
policies) then, btw, maybe this makes a difference?

Cheers, Albrecht.