kolab 2.2

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Oct 27 15:51:03 CET 2008

Quoting Gabriele Di Giambelardini <gabriele_d_g at yahoo.it>:

>  10pt;\"> Hi, to all
> The real problem is the cyrus imap use 100% CPU only when we use
> horde webmail.
> We try to use a different webmail and everythings work well..

The Horde version in the current Kolab Server release has not yet been
really optimized to high load situations. It is specifically lacking
one level of caching that you will only get in the next Kolab Server
version.

I expect in your case Horde is still listing all IMAP folder *for
every page view*. This is extremely inefficient and needed some
serious rewrite of the Horde/Kolab storage handling to get solved in a
better way. This will be part of Kolab-Server-2.2.1.

Even with that version I'd still be very careful with using the Horde
groupware features with a Kolab server if you have many users. While
Kolab code in Horde has seen some dramatic improvement over the last
years I still see many areas where optimizations will be required to
make it a very lean client that does not tax the main server too much.

Cheers,

Gunnar

href=\"http://blog.fastmail.fm/2007/09/21/reiserfs-bugs-32-bit-vs-64-bit-kernels-cache-vs-inode-memory/\">http://blog.fastmail.fm/2007/09/21/reiserfs-bugs-32-bit-vs-64-bit-kernels-cache-vs-inode-memory/
> Are you using a RAID 5 ? RAID 10 could give you better performances
> !
>

> > After I imported the user in the kolab ldap the server become
> very very
> > slow, it's impossible use a webmail. so I installed the
> webmail on other
> > server with eaccelerator.
> > But now on my main server the kolab imapd take all the CPU and
> every thing
> > is too slow.
> > The are some settings for imap of if somebody know the why of
> this
> > latency...
> > THANKS

> --
> Alain Spineux
> aspineux gmail com
> May the sources be with you

> Scopri il  Blog di Yahoo! Mail[4]:
> trucchi, novità, consigli... e scrivi la tua opinione!

Links:
------
[1] mailto:gabriele_d_g at yahoo.it
[2] mailto:Kolab-users at kolab.org