automatically re-start LDAP in case of crash

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Mon Oct 20 14:40:14 CEST 2008

Hi all,

it seems that I'm also affected by the LDAP crash of issue #2982 [1].
As I use slapd for both Kolab and Samba/Posix log-ons, a crash of it
will leave the whole system unusable.  I also assume that no mails will
be delivered anymore, as no users can be checked, and they will
therefore bounce, right?

While this is probably not a Kolab issue, I wonder how I can
automatically re-start slapd /immediately/ when it segfaults.  In
particular, there is a remark in the issue that the data base had
"crashed", too, and that db_recover had to be used (how?).  As OpenLDAP
is a very critical core component of Kolab, IMO it would be a valuable
add-on to have such a watch-and-restart-if-necessary feature.

Thanks, Albrecht.

[1] <https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue2982>