Kolab 2.2 upgrade from 2.1 failure on php-channel-horde

Mark Seagrief mark at rtsw.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 12:50:47 CEST 2008

Hi,

I kicked off an upgrade of a Kolab installation last night to upgrade from
2.1.0 to 2.2.0.

I'm installing from source on Ubuntu 7.04 server edition with kernel
2.6.20-16-server.

Most of the RPMs seem to have built correctly and installed fine, but
php-channel-horde seems to have failed.

The final few lines of the log are:

Package Horde_Alarm-0.1.0.tgz done
Tag the released code with `pear cvstag Alarm/package.xml'
(or set the CVS tag RELEASE_0_1_0 by hand)
+ env 'PHP_PEAR_PHP_BIN=/kolab/bin/php -d safe_mode=off -d memory_limit=40M'
PHP_PEAR_CACHE_DIR=/kolab/RPM/TMP/pear/cache /kolab/bin/pear install --force
--loose --nodeps --offline
--packagingroot=/kolab/RPM/TMP/horde-framework-kolab-3.2_rc3-root
Horde_Alarm-0.1.0.tgz
could not extract the package.xml file from "Horde_Alarm-0.1.0.tgz"
Cannot download non-local package "Horde_Alarm-0.1.0.tgz"
Package "Horde_Alarm-0.1.0.tgz" is not valid
install failed
error: Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.48129 (%install)

I've check on the system and I do have a file that has been created called
Horde_Alarm-0.1.0.tgz in /kolab/RPM/TMP/framework/

Any ideas as to what is causing this problem?  Anybody encountered something
similar?

I'm going to grab another machine and try an installtion of 2.2 from scratch
and see if that helps/exhibits this problem.

Many thanks,

Mark

--

Mark Seagrief