Multi-domains in Kolab 2.2.0 final.

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Oct 1 16:47:39 CEST 2008

Quoting kiser Caesar <kcaesar at hotmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I have a strange problem with Kolab 2.2.0 final, I just install a
> new server and I configured as follows:
>
> A primary domain such as "domain.ext" and several
> sub-domains such as the "subdomain1.domain.ext",
> "subdomain2.domain.ext" .....
>
> In the web administration page I can see my users in different
> areas, but when I want sending emails from one of sub-domains, mail
> arrive at my correspondent is in the form toto at domain.ext and not
in
> toto at subdomain.ext.
>
> Who have an idea about this problem? Who can help me?

Alains comment is correct. The problem is caused by the masquerading
in postfix. I don't think the domain functionality was constructed
with subdomains in mind. It works with domain-a.ext and domain-b.ext
but not domain-a.ext and sub.domain-a.ext.

You should open a bug in the issue tracker about this.

> Then I have another question, how many slave server a master server
> can support?

This should be limited by the hardware of the master server. It will
mainly relay mails through postfix and provide the central LDAP
server. With decent hardware many slaves should be possible.

Cheers,

Gunnar

href=\"http://www.windowslive.fr/hotmail/default.asp\"> Créez un
> compte Hotmail gratuitement !

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg