Making "Room Number" visible in Kontact address book?

Till Adam till at kdab.net
Mon Nov 17 08:52:11 CET 2008

Hey Thomas,

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 13:38:52 ITSEF Admin wrote:

> Another usage question: One of the fields one can fill in for a user in the
> Kolab webadmin interface is the "Room Number". I find it quite handy to
> have, however, until now I have not succeeded in making this entry visible
> in Kontact (e.g. when doing an LDAP search). Does anyone out there have a
> hint for me? Thanks in advance!

Currently the kolab format does not define a room number attribute for
contacts, and the other Kolab clients (including Kontact) thus do not offer
it. It sounds like a useful thing to me, and should be an easy addition, so if
you could file an issue in the roundup requesting this field to be added,
we'll work on that including it, if possible.

Thanks for your input,

Till

--
Till Adam
KDAB - platform independent software services