Possible workaround(s) for mail user temporary suspension?

Christian Rößler Roessler at FuH-E.de
Fri Nov 28 12:19:13 CET 2008

Christian Rößler schrieb:

>>> Well, I just need the 'suspended' user to stay in the LDAP tree for the
>>> posixAccount, also for the nss-ldap in the intranet, and as
>>> documentation that the user once existed.
>> You can remove all the Kolab's related objectClass and their attributes.
>> Then these cleaned entry will be ignored by postfix and probably by
>> the weba admin interface too. I dont know if any tools exist for this.
> I also have not found any tools for this. [...] Well, I had just the same
 > thoughts, so for trying it out I wrote a shell script that reads a given
 > user entry, strips each Kolab related entry and object class from it and
 > writes the Kolab related entries into an LDAP archive branch.

Well, me again - funny answering my own mail.

I have written three scripts (a wrapper script for deciding, a disabling
script, an enabling script) for disabling and re-enabling users, and
they are functioning so far. If someone would deem them useful for,
perhaps, expanding them or using them as a base for writing better ones,
I would gladly share them here.

But they were written quickly yesterday, and surely they have a lot of
potential for optimizing, and a bit more debugging.

Best regards, Christian