external web client

Antonio Straziota devgioiatech at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 10:48:55 CET 2008

Really i excluded that this could be the problem, because of webmail
related problem was only on the slave server.
I took a look to all possible causes. and, also thaks to passed
experiences, i consider to try this solution.

and after mailbox conversion it works

> Where did you found an error ?
on the slave kolab

> Witch one ?
Nov 24 13:19:21 web.demo.tst <warning> imap[10352]: DBERROR db4:
/kolab/var/imapd/mailboxes.db: unexpected file type or format
Nov 24 13:19:21 web.demo.tst <error> imap[10352]: DBERROR: opening
/kolab/var/imapd/mailboxes.db: Invalid argument
Nov 24 13:19:21 web.demo.tst <error> imap[10352]: DBERROR: opening
/kolab/var/imapd/mailboxes.db: cyrusdb error
Nov 24 13:19:21 web.demo.tst <error> imap[10352]: Fatal error: can't
read mailboxes file

> In wich log file ?
/kolab/var/imapd/log/imapd.log

> on witch computer ?
both master and slave are Centos 5.2

Just another question:

because i need only webmail and MTA funcion, if i stop useless
services on the slave (such as openldap or imap server) for security
reason or other, it affects the mail system work? or all service must
be running on both the servers?

Thanks.