Presetting some values when creating new user?

Christian Rößler Roessler at FuH-E.de
Tue Nov 4 13:29:39 CET 2008

> I've been wondering about something: Is there a way to preset some of the
> values one has to fill in when creating a new user via the web interface? The
> idea is to have things like "Organisation", "Street", "City" etc. preset to
> our company's address, maybe even have a default quota setting. I've been
> searching for a bit (Wiki, list archive and the Kolab templates), but came up
> empty. Any suggestions?

While I am not sure whether this will fit your needs, I have had nearly
the same problem and solved it by either making the user entries by
script (by-product of migrating entries), or having a script to modify
users from a list later on.

Perhaps this is not what you search for, but if it helps, I can send you
these scripts.

Best regards,
Christian