I am not a forged sender

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed May 28 10:50:51 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:12 AM, Paul Douglas Franklin of Union Gospel
Mission <pdf at yugm.org> wrote:
> Well, I got Kolab up, having saved my data from the old Kolab
> installation, installed a new Kolab, and restored to the new.  I then
> went to my desktop machine to test it.  I loaded Thunderbird.  All my
> emails and folders were there.  My next test was an e-mail to myself.
> It was rejected because Kolab did not recognize me as a valid sender.
> The apologetic message is below:
> *****************
> This is the mail system at host kolab.yugm.org.
>
> I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
> be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
>
> For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

> delete your own text from the attached returned message.
>
>                   The mail system
>
> <pdf6161 at yugm.org>: permission denied. Command output: Invalid From: header.
>    Paul Douglas Franklin <pdf at yugm.org> looks like a forged sender
> *************************
> So I'm back on the old system.
> What should be my next step?

Hi

Kolab deny a user to send and email with the identity of someone else.
This is to avoid  "a.simple.user at yourdomain.com" to send an email as
"your.boss at youdomain.com".
This means that in your account settting your email address must match
your credential .
Here I see 2 different addresses : pdf6161 and pdf ???

Regards

> --Paul
>
> --
> Paul Douglas Franklin
> Computer Manager, Union Gospel Mission of Yakima, Washington
> Husband of Danette
> Father of Laurene, Miriam, Tycko, Timothy, Sarabeth, Marie, Dawnita, Anna Leah, Alexander, and Caleb

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you