problem with kolab_smtpdpolicy

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed May 21 17:45:27 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Marc LAURENT <ml at libertech.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've Kolab RC2.2 on debian
>
> In log /kolab/var/postfix/log/postfix.log avec nothing with smtpdpolicy I put a trace in the program /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_smtpdpolicy and I think (I'm sure) kolab don't pass by this program.

An easy trick is to put a wrong name in main.cf and let postfix
complaint about the missing file :-)

> In my main.cf I have :
> ## Kolab Policy Server
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,

Do you know what the line above means ?
If you are making your try from local network or as and authenticated user then
the the rules below are skipped !

>        reject_unauth_destination, reject_unlisted_recipient,
>        check_policy_service unix:private/kolabpolicy

I thing you have mixed some line together !!!

smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
>        check_policy_service unix:private/kolabpolicy kolabpolicy_time_limit = 3600 kolabpolicy_max_idle = 20
>
> and master.cf
>
> kolabpolicy    unix  -       n       n       -       -       spawn user=kolab-n
> argv=/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_smtpdpolicy
>
> How I must configure kolab when I receive a message, it's pass in kolab_smtpdpolicy ?

Put it higher in the list ?

> Thanks for your response
>
> Marc L.

Alain Spineux