Backup/restore process

Paul Douglas Franklin pdf at yugm.org
Mon May 12 23:10:14 CEST 2008

Friday evening I attempted the backup and restore process at
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Backups_for_kolab2
and ran into several problems.  I have diagnosed (but not tested) one of
those as a permissions problem because the new system gave kolab-r a
different UID.  But here are others:
When I ran

rm -rf /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data/*
/kolab/sbin/slapadd -l backup/ldap/kolab-ldap.ldif

it gave me the following:

Warning:  no DB_CONFIG file found in directory:  /kolab/var/openldap.

This line looks strange to me:

chown -R kolab\:kolab /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data

When I look at the chown documentation, I see nothing to explain the \
after kolab.  Is the line typed correctly?
--Paul

--
Paul Douglas Franklin
Computer Manager, Union Gospel Mission of Yakima, Washington